- I have or will secure health insurance to provide adequate coverage for any injuries or illnesses that I may sustain or experience while participating in the Recreational Sports Program. By my signature below, I certify that I have confirmed that my health care coverage will adequately cover injuries sustained as a result of my participation in the Recreational Sports Program, and I hereby release the University and the employees and agents from any responsibility or liability for expenses incurred by me for injuries or illnesses (including death) that I may incur because of those injuries or illnesses.
- I further agree:
- To file with my team captain or fitness instructor information on myself, including important names, addresses and phone numbers along with information about any specific physical conditions, medications, etc. as it might interface with the physical activity.
- That it is my obligation to be physically fit and specifically conditioned for the particular recreational activity before my participation in it.
- That it is my obligation to obtain the proper training before competition.
- That it is my obligation to obtain a medical physical examination and a physician’s clearance before undertaking physical activity in conjunction with the Program.
- That it is my obligation to have any injuries I may suffer treated in a prompt manner.
- That it is my obligation to report any injury to Cal Lutheran Campus Public Safety, Fitness Instructor or the Intramural Staff in a prompt manner.
- That it is my obligation to reflect positively on the University by avoiding inappropriate behavior and actions before, during and after participation in the Recreational Sports Program.
- That it is my obligation to be proactive in all situations to ensure a healthy and safe environment for my Program participation.
- That it is my obligation to have my own medical and accident insurance, if I do not have medical or accident insurance I agree to pay for any medical and/or dental expenses directly or indirectly related to my participation.
I understand that, although the University has made every reasonable effort to assure my safety while participating in the Recreational Sports Program, that there are unavoidable risks in sports, and I hereby release and promise not to sue the University or its employees or agents for any damages or injury (including death) caused by, deriving from, or associated with my participation in the Recreational Sports Program, except for such damages or injury as may be caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the employees or agents of the University.
I agree that, should any provision or aspect of this agreement be found to be unenforceable, that all remaining provisions of the agreement will remain in full force and effect.
I represent that my agreement to the provisions herein is wholly voluntary, and further understand that, prior to signing this agreement; I have the right to consult with the adviser, counselor, or attorney of my choice.
I agree that, should there be any dispute concerning my participation in the Recreational Sports Program that would require the adjudication of a court of law, such adjudication will occur in the courts of, and be determined by the laws of, the State of California.
This agreement represents my complete understanding with the University concerning the University’s responsibility and liability for my participation in the Recreational Sports Program, supersedes and previous or contemporaneous understandings I may have had with the University on this subject, whether written or oral, and cannot be changed or amended in any way without my written concurrence.
No one under the age of 18 is allowed to participate in Recreational Sports Programs without special clearance from the Coordinator for Recreational Sports.